[Ardour-Users] Basic set of cross-platform plugins?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Tue May 5 13:02:12 PDT 2015

Hi *!

For a class I'll be teaching in fall, I'm looking for a basic set of
plugins (at least a four-band parametric EQ with graphical UI, a
compressor, a high-pass, a non-feedback delay, and a reverb) with the
following properties:

* cross-platform with downloadable binary builds for Linux, Windows, and OSX
* redistributable open-source code
* download free of charge or willing to negotiate a nominal flat rate
* beginner-friendly UI
* bug-free

Obviously, I would prefer LV2 plugins, but VSTs would be acceptable too
if they run natively on all operating systems. I would also consider
plugins that exist in different formats native to each OS environment,
so LV2 for Linux, VST for Windows and AU for OSX, or similar.

That said, I seem to remember a discussion about Ardour binaries
bundling a set of plugins out of the box - did that actually happen?
I've only ever used Ardour from source.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Best,

Jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net