[Ardour-Users] How to connect a MIDI keyboard to a synth plugin ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 2 14:30:42 PST 2015

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 23:15:51 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> I'm not an Ardour MIDI user, however, somebody already mentioned MIDI
> channels, other possibilities might or might not be
>
> - MIDI thru
> - Audio connections for the MIDI plugin
>
> It depends on how Ardour handles MIDI plugins.

MIDI thru does not help.  Audio connections are not shown.  Those
plugins cannot be added to a MIDI+Audio track.

There is a similar problem with the Redux plugin as the computer
keyboard keys are not sent to the plugin.  A Renoise developer
acknowledged this in the Renoise beginners forum and someone said he
would mention it in the Ardour IRC, so I did not bother to report it
here.  Is it linked to the synth problem ?  I don't know.