[Ardour-Users] How to connect a MIDI keyboard to a synth plugin ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Nov 2 14:07:05 PST 2015

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 16:56:44 -0500
"jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> I get a similar problem with the built-in Resonable synth.  I create a
> MIDI track, choose the Reasonable synth then in the 'tracks and
> busses' I select the USB ProKeys 88 external keyboard as input and
> playback 1 and 2 as audio outputs.  Keys pressed ont he ProKeys 88
> are recognized by Ardour's MIDI activity window, but then no sound
> comes out of the synth, which makes me think that it does not receive
> the actual MIDI input.

Same with the Calf monosynth for that matter.  To make it short, none
of the plugin synth I have tried works.  I must be doing something
wrong, but what ?  The MIDI notes from the external keyboard are seen
by Ardour, qjackctl shows the connection between the external keyboard
and MIDI 1 of Ardour, but the plugin does not seem to get the MIDI keys.