[Ardour-Users] A4.4: Critical bug using calf's lv2

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Nov 1 10:32:54 PST 2015

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 17:33:58 +0100
Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:

> On 10/27/2015 04:46 PM, Damien Delpiroux wrote:
> > Le 27/10/2015 16:03, Paul Davis a écrit :
> >> CALF plugins have always been deeply problematic.
> > I ear.
> > But personally I never had any problem after hundreds hours of use,
> > even with firsts versions of A4.
>
> You're lucky then.
>
> Never had the calf-reverb produce +200dBFS signals? It was reported on
> the calf bug-tracker, ignored for 2 years and then dropped when the
> tracker was moved from SF to github. The issue is still present.
> granted, they asked for bug-reports to be re-filed, but I meanwhile
> gave up on calf and it seems to bother nobody else.

Recently I was moving a dot in the Calf 5-band EQ and it crashed Ardour
4.4.  It's ridiculous.  So I'm switching to Harrisson and Overtone
plugins.  Might as well spend something and get stability.  I still use
your 4-band parametric EQ though, which I find very useful and had no
SW problems with.

As a side note, it could be nice if Ardour's plugin dialog box would
include the creator name in its filter.

Any problem reports regarding the Overtone plugins ?  Surely would be
nice to have the plugin window fit exactly the plugin space instead of
taking 4 times wider.

Cheers.