[Ardour-Users] ardour 4 // key binding window won't open (Kevin Cosgrove)

jk at jasonkahn.net jk at jasonkahn.net
Tue May 26 14:18:52 PDT 2015

> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 10:22:24 -0700
> From: Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc at cosgroves.us>
> To: ardour-users <ardour-users at lists.ardour.org>
> Subject: Re: [Ardour-Users] ardour 4 // key binding window won't open
>
> Generically, when I have trouble binding keys for an application,
> the problem usually turns out to be that the key I wish to bind
> is already bound by default in the window manager to do some
> window manager task.
>
> I wonder if you're having a similar problem?

thanks for your reply but, no, this isn't the
problem: the window wasn't opening at all -- it
wasn't a matter of trying to assign a key that was
already assigned in the window manager; it was
that i couldn't assign any key because the key
binding window wouldn't open.

in any case, now the window is opening after
trying this with the gnome window manager it is
also now working in flubox with no problems.

very mysterious but i'm glad all the same that
it's working ok now.

jason