[Ardour-Users] FLAC export problem

Gunter Königsmann gunter at peterpall.de
Sun May 3 09:37:17 PDT 2015

Dear list,

I have recorded a 48-minute and a 1 1/2 hour session and I want to
export both of them to a separate flac file each.
Ardour4 (I have compiled it from source) seems to export it fine. But
both FLAC 24 Bit and FLAC 24 Bit (tagged): Normalize, FLAC, 24bit,
Session rate seem to result in  file that ends in something flac 1.3.1
seems to fundamentally dislike.
flac does decode the file until it reaches 99%, though:

flac -t EsWurdeMorgen.flac

flac 1.3.1, Copyright (C) 2000-2009  Josh Coalson, 2011-2014  Xiph.Org
Foundation
flac comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software, and you
are
welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions.  Type `flac' for
details.

EsWurdeMorgen.flac: tt*** Got error code
0:FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_LOST_SYNC
*** Got error code 0:FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_LOST_SYNC

I remember ardour 3 was giving me similar problems with the FLAC
(tagged) profiles for me but files exported with profiles without
("tagged") always seemed to work fine.

Did any of you experience some thing similar?

My computer is a Ubuntu (vivid) 64-bit system and my ardour4 is
currently at git commit 9a94688d116b14d046aeb312753d5ec2ef9a2444.

Thanks a lot,
and kind regards,

       Gunter.