[Ardour-Users] trouble with retaining microphone connectivity over multiple sessions in Ardou

Cameron Metcalf podeas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 14:39:41 PDT 2015

I've got it resolved.

You guys nailed it.

 It was the ALSA mixer. I pulled up the general mixer under audio
production tools. It was already identifying the VSL sound card from other
configuration changes. I asked it to display all associated controls under
"Select Controls".

In the resulting display, "Audio Box 22 VSL Clock Selector Swit"
 was unchecked.

I checked them ON and booted Ardour and it immediately registered the
microphone via the soundcard.

A big thanks to everyone, especially those taking the time to contribute
multiple responses.

Cameron