[Ardour-Users] trouble with retaining microphone connectivity over multiple sessions in Ardou

Cameron Metcalf podeas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 09:08:47 PDT 2015

Ok. I was told at the time of purchase, last year, that this device would
work great with Linux.  I'll try to figure out how to isolate whether the
problem is with the external card, then or Ardour/qjack/Ubuntu studio.  It
seems, configuration-wise that the options have been exhausted.  I'm still
puzzled why it works the very first time, and then bails on subsequent
retries (I've tried different inputs and unpowered and repowered the sound
card itself, too).

Without intending to further derail: is there a standard/stable top 2 or 3
external sound cards that are preferred for recording in Linux environments
that anyone can personally vouch for?

Cameron