[Ardour-Users] trouble with retaining microphone connectivity over multiple sessions in Ardou

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Jun 24 08:52:49 PDT 2015

Ardour and JACK do nothing to modify the configuration of the hardware
mixer (if any) inside your audio interface.

What you describe sounds more like a problem with the device driver than
anything else - failing to re-initialize the hardware mixer to use the
appropriate input configuration for the VSL.