[Ardour-Users] trouble with retaining microphone connectivity over multiple sessions in Ardou

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Jun 24 17:45:06 PDT 2015

On 06/24/2015 08:14 PM, Bruno Ruviaro wrote:
> Probably not too helpful, but in any case I can report I have experienced a
> similar "mysterious" problem with a PreSonus VSL 1818 in Ubuntu. Luckily I
> had another interface available at the time, so never went deep into
> investigating the issue. But everything did work fine with the other
> interface. The PreSonus was clearly the problem. In my case, it was
> recognized by jack, I could see all ins and outs, but no sound would would
> get in or out.
> Bruno

Did you check the mixer?

If you previously connected the 1818VSL to a Mac or Windows box those
save settings on the device replacing the defaults after power-up. Some
people who reported that mute-all and external Clock-source are set by
default for whatever reason.

Also the new firmware has some issues. There was someone on #ardour
recently mentioning that simply using the factory default firmware
(downgrade) fixed various 1818VSL things.

ciao,
robin

PS. I never connected the 1818VSL here to anything but Linux and it work
great like on the 1st day (3 or 4 years ago now)