[Ardour-Users] autotools similarity

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Jun 2 13:30:22 PDT 2015

I take a very political view of autotools. I think that even though the
*goals* of autotools were and are excellent, the actual implementation has
gone well past the abominable stage. The only reason it survives is that
most people never have to look "under the hood". Tools like waf have proven
(to my satisfaction, at least) that it doesn't have to be this bad. I'd
really prefer to discourage anyone from thinking that autools is or should
be "normal", no matter what the reality of the situation is.

That said, these are two and unintrusive patches.