[Ardour-Users] No export

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Dec 16 17:15:13 PST 2015

On 12/17/2015 01:40 AM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:34:09 +0100
> Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
>
>> Export starts and the progress bar does not move, but you can cancel
>> export?
>
> It does not move so I cancel.  Will not wait forever.
>
> Then it moved at another try but I still cancelled, to check out
> something.  Should be able to cancel and restart export.
>
>> Are you using `jack2 --version` is less than 1.9.11 ?
>
> Version is:
>
> 1.9.9.5+20130622git7de15e7a-1ubuntu1

Right this is an intermittent problem in the version of jack that you
are using.

JACK can deadlock when switching to freewheeling for no-realtime export.
The higher the load (lager session), the more likely the lock-up. You
can retry export a few times, and it may work sometimes,  but really
just update jack. The issue was fixed on Nov/6 2013.

> There is no 'jack2' command on the system.

yes, that is expected. please see
https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/Q_difference_jack1_jack2

> To update jack I would need to compile it I suppose.

Depends on your distribution.  There are recent versions of jack1 and
jack2 in most of them - even Ubuntu. There should not be a need to
compile it.

best,
robin