[Ardour-Users] Ardour systematically crashes on plugin

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri Dec 4 11:31:28 PST 2015

On 12/04/2015 08:14 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 10:36:12 +0100
> Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings at stackingdwarves.net> wrote:
>
>> that said, jonetsu, since this seems to be nicely reproducible, do
>> you know how to obtain a backtrace of the crash?
>>
>> http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour.html
>>
>> i don't recall which platform you're on, but if it's linux, the
>> process is pretty straightforward.
>
> It looked earlier today that it would not be possible to do since it
> was working fine as I reported.  Since then I closed Ardour and went on
> doing stuff with Bitwig and playing a tutorial video on vlc.  Later on
> I restarted Ardour, loaded the same session, double-clicked on the
> RVB500 that was still plugged on the track and boom, crash.  One time
> it works, the other it doesn't.
>
> Attached is the gdb output as per the instructions.  Let me know if
> anything else is needed, as I do have some spare time now.

unfortunately, this is a stripped version of ardour, so the backtrace
does not contain any useful information. maybe the devs can comment on
how to obtain a pre-built version with debugging enabled? could be the
nightly builds have it, but i'm not sure...
building ardour yourself (and then enabling debugging) would solve it,
but it can be a somewhat daunting task when you do it for the first time.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net