[Ardour-Users] Ardour systematically crashes on plugin

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Dec 4 04:38:05 PST 2015

On Thu, 3 Dec 2015 21:08:01 -0500
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> Reason 921-and-a-half why plugins are problematic.

Yesterday I closed the session with the Harrison Gverb as the plugin,
preceded by the Harrison lookahead comnpressor abd followed by Robin
Gareus' 4-band EQ.  Today I open the session, remove all of them, plug
back the RVB500, double click on it and the GUI appears, no more crash,
it works.

This now strangely starts to be akin to eg. old TV sets that have to be
tapped on the side or top to give a good picture.  Shaking the
lamps. Only this time it could be about rebooting the computer a la
Windows-remedy style.  I wonder if there wouldn't be some tool that
would 'shake' the memory allocation on a computer.  Give it a wash and
spin.