[Ardour-Users] High number of crashes

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Aug 24 19:48:25 PDT 2015

Speaking frankly, as a host developer, the entire concept of plugins
is really a very disturbing one. Loading arbitrary random bits of
executable code into a large, complex program as part of an extension
mechanism is an idea that only the proprietary software development
world could dream up.

It is a necessary evil that we live with, but users need to be clear
that the basic idea is really totally broken. In a better world, all
plugin source code would be accessible and inspectable, just as the
code for ardour (and qtractor, and non) is

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:42 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com