[Ardour-Users] ardour 4 // slow graphical interface

jk at jasonkahn.net jk at jasonkahn.net
Fri Apr 24 14:41:54 PDT 2015

hi neil

thanks for your reply.

from what i've read on gamer forums, nearly all
the linux users with nvidia graphic cards use the
proprietary drivers. i also read some benchmark
tests of the nouveau vs. proprietary drivers and
it seems nvidia's drivers are more efficient in
most useage.

so, i guess you are right: i should throw an old
hard disc in the machine and do a test install
with the proprietary drivers -- kinda puts a crimp
in my workflow right about now, with lots of stuff
i needed to get mixed.

jason