[Ardour-Users] Ardour 4.0 rc3

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Apr 11 18:37:10 PDT 2015

On Fri, 10 Apr 2015 09:11:18 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> A release candidate for the upcoming version 4.0 is now available on
> the nightly site at
>
>                http://nightly.ardour.org/

I got it.  Before doing anything I wanted to set the metronome's click
sound.  The file dialog will not display the audio file when 'All files'
is selected.  I reckon the audio file's name extension is not proper
(actually I do not know what it should be) but when 'All files' is
selected, the dialog should show all files.  Ardour does show the text
file, but not the audio file.  The contents of this directory is:

 -rw-rw-r-- 1 user user 32826 jan 19  2014 161595-WoodenHitShortSoft
 -rw-rw-r-- 1 user user   138 jan 19  2014 clicks.notes

And the file that is not shown in the dialog is:

 %file 161595-WoodenHitShortSoft

 161595-WoodenHitShortSoft: IFF data, AIFF audio

Also, I had Ardour in full screen mode to do the above.  Then I wanted
to get out of full screen while the dialog boxes were still showing, so
I can take a screenshot.  I clicked on the main window to access the
'View" options.  The dialog boxes disappeared but, the main window
remain non responsive to mouse clicks.  Only option at that point was
to kill Ardour.  System is Linux Mint 17, 64 bits, using KDE.  File
dialog of above directory attached.