[Ardour-Users] TouchDAW

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon May 12 10:42:51 PDT 2014

On Mon, 12 May 2014 11:39:10 -0500
Jan Depner <eviltwin69 at cableone.net> wrote:

> I noticed on the TouchDAW comments page that Joe Hartley was using
> TouchDAW to control Ardour.  Is there any chance Joe, or anyone else for
> that matter, could throw together a little how to on connecting TouchDAW
> and Ardour?  I'm completely confused when it comes to MMC or Mackie,
> ports, QMidiNet, attaching specific sliders to sliders in Ardour, how to
> tell Ardour that there's a controller, etc.  On the other hand, Ardroid
> took about two seconds to set up but it only gives me start/stop/record
> controls.

If it'd be helpful, I'll make some time to do this.  I've ended up not
using it much because I can't get my setup working at a low enough latency
to make it practical but that's because of the mixer I'm using and the
workflow into Ardour that I have to use with it.

That said, it'd be nice to have it running again; I have a newer (and faster)
tablet than the one I originally used, so I can go through the setup from
scratch and document it.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com