[Ardour-Users] Punch in/out basics

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat May 3 12:33:22 PDT 2014

On Sat, 3 May 2014 14:39:57 -0400,
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote :

> Press the "In" and/or "Out" buttons next to the selection clocks.
> This will enable punch in/out at the punch in/out markers.

Is it possible to not create another track instance and overwrite the
track that is already there ?  Currently if the track is name-1.1 and
a punch-in/out is made on that track in a limited region, the
punch-in/out will be name-2.1.  I prsume name-1.1 still exists
underneath.  Is it possible to overwrite inside the name-1.1 track ?