[Ardour-Users] Punch in/out basics

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat May 3 12:05:08 PDT 2014

On Sat, 3 May 2014 14:39:57 -0400,
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote :

> Press the "In" and/or "Out" buttons next to the selection clocks.
> This will enable punch in/out at the punch in/out markers.

OK!  Thanks.  That' s simple enough.  What made it more complicted than
it ought to is the French translation which is 'Entrée' and 'descente'.
'Entrée' could be OK, put 'descente' is 'descent' in English and I
related those buttons to some other function that has nothing to do
with enbling the range.  One of those Advanced (for me) functions that
I'm Not Aware Of. :)

> dragging things around on the canvas uses the time units of the
> secondary clock. defensible choice? i don't know.

It'd be convenient to have the normal time.  As it is now the range
must be dragged and then released to update the time marker next to
the two buttons.  Maybe those time markers could be also updated as the
range markers are dragged.  That would make it an easier, transparent
UI change by not having to offer time marker choices.