[Ardour-Users] a question

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun Mar 23 09:11:46 PDT 2014

Le dimanche, 23 Mars 2014 10:31:52 -0500,
CLuna <luna.charlie at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> guitar sound. does the jack audio connection kit see the signal from
> the m-audio delta 1010 and route it through rakarrack and into ardour
> to record?

An input is assigned to a track.  After creating a track, then an input
must be chosen.  This assumes that jackd (qjackctl) is running and it
also assumes that with qjackctl you can see the 1010LT ins/outs.
Ardour has a pop-up window for assigning tracks to inputs, in table
format.  It is done there, although in can also be done in qjackctl.
The Ardour will show the 1010LT inputs and outputs, and it will also
show any other available connection from any software that makes
connections available via jackd.  For instance, I can see the Qsynth
synthesiser output connections and I can choose to connect an Ardour
track to the left/right Qsynth outputs so I can record the synth.  I
don't use rackarrack but if it makes connections available to jackd,
then it should be the same.