[Ardour-Users] TouchDAW

Carlos sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 09:16:02 PDT 2014

> On Fri, 2014-05-23 at 10:57 -0400, Joe Hartley wrote:
>> On Mon, 12 May 2014 11:39:10 -0500
>> Jan Depner <eviltwin69 at cableone.net> wrote:
>>
>> > I noticed on the TouchDAW comments page that Joe Hartley was using
>> > TouchDAW to control Ardour.  Is there any chance Joe, or anyone else for
>> > that matter, could throw together a little how to on connecting TouchDAW
>> > and Ardour?
>>
>> It took me rather longer to get to than I expected, but I've got a little
>> how-to on connecting TouchDAW to Ardour online now on my website:
>> http://swampyankeesound.com/touchdaw.html
>>
>> In terms of mapping tracks and buttons, that's all handled magically,
>> which is a nice change from using my BCF2000.  Once TouchDAW and Ardour
>> are connected, things should just work.
>>

> Thanks Joe.  I just got back from vacation so it will probably take me a
> week or so to get back to it.

Maybe this other alternative can help you in some way:

* install Ardroid on your Android, a controller for Ardour.
    ** if you don't find it on Play then install F-Spot (it's some
kind of FLOSS repository for Android) and there you should find it

* I've discovered that if you use Ardour2 you'll have to enable OSC in
Preferences, for Ardour3 is more straight and our mate Zth has some
howto here:
http://www.zthmusic.com/ardroid-and-ardour/

Regards.

--