[Ardour-Users] No sound from my speakers

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Jul 11 15:26:39 PDT 2014

Le jeudi, 10 Jul 2014 11:58:12 -0400,
German <gentgerman at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hello list. First of all I have to say that I am complete newbie to
> Ardour. I just installed it two hours ago. What I was trying to
> accomplish was to record some audio from my usb digital piano. Track
> seemed to record ok, but when I hip "play" no sound out of my
> speakers. And it seems that all of my audio on this system ( Linux 64
> bit) are screewed. My music player won't work. Thanks for any clues

OK, let's give it a try.  Like a doctor, the first thing to do is to
assess the extent of the current disease er I mean situation so that
the customer er I mean the patient can be told what to buy er to take
to feel better er, to hide the symptom.  The latter can be plural.  :)

So, when you recorded your piano, how were the speakers connected and
did you hear anything when playing ?

And, do you know that Linux distros are shipped with a soud system
called Pulse Audio but Ardour, like many semi-pro applications, do not
use it, meaning that somethign has to be tweaked to get it right ?

Really, knowing how the speakers are connected is IMHO a good starting
point.

Cheers.