[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3 - export bugs

Kim Cascone kim at anechoicmedia.com
Wed Jul 2 16:16:20 PDT 2014

On 07/02/2014 03:22 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
> <mailto:paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 6:02 PM, Kim Cascone <kim at anechoicmedia.com
>     <mailto:kim at anechoicmedia.com>> wrote:
>     - I discovered that I lost the directory containing my new Ardour3
>     session (even though I saved it after I created the new session)
>     as well as the presumably exported 44/24 wav file - which i'm
>     guessing wasn't actually exported at all because of the freezing
>     export panel and app
>

> I missed this part. This ought to be completely impossible. Nothing in
> Ardour will EVER (even with some the crazy bugs we've had with data
> files recently) remove the session folder. This has to be blamed on
> your system. What filesystem are you using? Do you really mean "the
> directory containing the session was missing?"

no worries - but yes I was very perplexed by this as well but I couldn't
find the directory anywhere on my drive!
I use ext3 which is a died in the wool bullet proof journaling FS :\

> Do you use any plugins in this session?
no I was editing a stereo track for a cd - no plugins were used at all

also, just FYI I typically slice a region of audio in two then overlap
them when something is too long which is when the old cross-fade region
tool comes in handy :)