[Ardour-Users] Multiple USB Input recording ___IS___ needed. No it is not "DUMMB" to want this feature

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jan 14 12:33:46 PST 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 19:52 +0100, Marco Bertorello wrote:
> There is any way possible for me to explain again (and again, and
> again, etc.) that this is NOT my problem? That I known how Jack works
> and how Ardour works? That there isn't any problem with USB devices?

Ok, that's why I ask you what the problem is. Perhaps I know software
that does fit to your needs.

Regarding to the question what celebrities are using Ardour. We don't
know. When I worked as professional I knew some celebrities engineers.
The engineer from Michael Jackson e.g. is a friend of somebody who was a
friend of me, we visited the same school, played in the same bands and I
worked for his company, we produced microphones used by most famous
engineers. I sit beside several famous engineers in a few famous
studios. Non of the celebrities engineers I knew did use Ardour and non
did use USB microphones. But that won't help you regarding to missing
"amateur" features, right? OTOH I also was never in a homes studio where
somebody used Ardour and/or USB microphones.

So again, what features are you missing? You didn't explain one time
what you're missing, or if you did, I missed this email/s.

You could say something like I want to have this or hat feature. Perhaps
you know it from a home studio or from software used by celebrities.

It's completely irrelevant if you want to use software for amateur
usage, what celebrities do use the software, if you ask for special
amateur features. It might be relevant, if you want to use it for
professional usage. However, regarding to music as the one Lady Gaga
makes, you perhaps need good musicians and some special effects that
might be not available as free as in beer open source software.

Regards,
Ralf