[Ardour-Users] Multiple USB Input recording ___IS___ needed. No it is not "DUMMB" to want this feature

Marco Bertorello marco at bertorello.ns0.it
Tue Jan 14 09:50:33 PST 2014

2014/1/14 Steve the Fiddle <stevethefiddle at gmail.com>:
> This is ridiculous Marco. In one breath you are saying that Ardour is
> only for professionals and in the next breath you are saying that it
> is only for amateurs and hobbyists.

where?!? I never said this. Others said that Ardour is pro-only.

For my own point of  view, Ardour can fit both goal and I wondering
why not-pro way of work is bad regardless

> Whether or not Ardour is used by celebrities is irrelevant. The

for me is important. If someone tell me that is pro-only, i want to
known who are the pros that use it.
If they are unknown people, while well-knowned ones use other
softweare, how can somebody say that Ardour is pro-only?!

> important question is whether it is a good DAW (which it is :-)

yes, is it for me also (wow, so, i'm a pro!).

> Using multiple non-synchronised devices is not recommended. I think
> that point has been made several times already so there really is
> little point in continuing this discussion.

is not recommended by who? for do what?

if you want a high-prolike-summer-hit-quality at all costs, you are
right, is not recommended.

but if you just want record a low-quality-demo and cannot spend a lot
of money, what do you recommend? to start a mortage to cover the costs
of hardware that is just an overkill?

best regards

--
Marco Bertorello
System Administrator

"prima di sgomberarci sgombratevi il cervello
noi siamo la comunità toglietevi il cappello"