[Ardour-Users] Multiple USB Input recording ___IS___ needed. No it is not "DUMMB" to want this feature

Marco Bertorello marco.bertorello at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 09:19:47 PST 2014

2014/1/14 Thomas Vecchione <seablaede at gmail.com>:

> Well ignoring that you completely missed the point which wasn't that she or
> anyone else has recorded on Ardour, but rather that you wouldn't see
> multiple USB devices in such a situation, challenge accepted!

If the point is usage of multiple USB devices, I need to start new
thread titled "Ardour can fit also hobbistics usage?".

By the way I hope that is almost clear to everybody that this isn't
ardour job (if isn't I can send an email with some little drawings
easy to understand <g>).

> Lets see off the top of my head you have me of course:)
>
> But other than that, I know Kim Cascone switched to Linux and Ardour some

It's not a well knowned genre by me, i'll discover who him is, thanks!

> time back.  Decently well known in circles that listen to that style of
> audio.  I believe Harrison has a list of folks that used Mixbus, which is
> obviously based on Ardour, and includes for example Ryan Pickett (FoH for My
> Morning Jacket).

Everything using MacOsX are using somethings that is based on BSD and
Unix, but them are not using BSD nor Unix, them are using MacOsX, so
everybody use Harrison Mixbus isn't really using Ardour.

You mean this: http://mirrorimagestudios.net/?p=6405 ?

> based on it and one of the first studios to use Ardour exclusively (Talking
> 0.9x days here, maybe earlier?) and you have Manifold Studios in NC as well,

based on what i can find on the site, seems that Ardour is used just
by an animator, and I cannot see any big name recorded in this studio.

> and of course the ones like Magnetephon that post on ardour.org.

well, this can be a good example (the only famous name that I can find
is Manu Chao, but just one is OK). Thanks

Thanks a lot,

bye

--
Marco Bertorello