[Ardour-Users] Marker still recording?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sun Jan 12 02:34:10 PST 2014

On 01/12/2014 11:29 AM, Damien Delpiroux wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I would like to know if there is a way to put maker during recording.
> That's because I often work like this: I start record and just play
> (improvisation).
> And sometimes, after different time, I play some thing interesting.
> I would like to mark this moment, (without stop recording) I don't find
> how to do.
> "Space bar" is not a good way, because I often need to stop for another
> reason, so it's not a good marker.

yes you can. go to the menu, look for "set marker from playhead", hover
over it and press some key that you would like to assign to this
function. (i use the spacebar, because i want to prevent myself from
interrupting a live recording with my fat fingers, but you might want to
use something else.)
next, tick the option "name new markers".

now you can roll and record, press your hotkey, the marker will be set
at the precise time when you pressed, and you have time to type a
meaningful label.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net