[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3 Keeps Losing My Regions

S C Rigler riglersc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 11:55:43 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm running Ardour 3.5.143 on Fedora 19 and letting NSM manage my sessions.
 Occasionally when I go back into a session I'll get a dialog box with the
following types of complaints:

[ERROR]: Session: XMLNode describing a AudioRegion references an unknown
source id =550
[ERROR]: Session: cannot create Region from XML description. Can not load
state for region 'RhythmGuitar 4-2'
[ERROR]: Playlist: cannot create region from XML
[ERROR]: Session: cannot create Playlist from XML description.
[ERROR]: Session: XMLNode describing a AudioRegion references an unknown
source id =478
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute StatefulDiffCommand from XMLNode. object
type = ARDOUR::AudioPlaylist id = 445
[ERROR]: could not reconstitute StatefulDiffCommand from XMLNode. object
type = ARDOUR::AudioPlaylist id = 412

Then I'll notice that some of the regions are no longer present.  The wav
files are still present and can be imported back into the session.  I've
also noticed this with midi regions as well.

Is it possible this is a side effect of working with NSM?

--Steve