[Ardour-Users] vinyl-sampling and mastering

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Feb 14 09:29:10 PST 2014

On Fri, 2014-02-14 at 08:50 -0800, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
> borrow from your library?) the CD for the vinyl, then
> rip the CD.  It works great!

Sometimes CD versions are odd. I like records more than CDs, but even
ignoring my point of view, there are terrible remastered versions even
for later records and much often for CDs.

In Germany even the less supported public library, will lend important
recordings by CD. All Schönberg recordings I own are from a public
libraries CDs.

Anyway, if you e.g. like The Beatles, join a second hand record shop and
buy a record (of good visible quality) without bar code. Don't buy a
record with bar code or a CD.

Not every original or close enough to it mastering is available as CD!

Some CDs for old recordings are disgusting.