[Ardour-Users] vinyl-sampling and mastering

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri Feb 14 08:50:12 PST 2014

On 14 February 2014 at 13:52, Guido Budack <glaivy at yandex.com> wrote:

> have here some old vinyl samples and the samples include the
> original scratches. my quest to the community is.... which
> filter to apply in such a scenario and where to get? already
> installed?
>
> I want to save time and work efficient so I ask before I start
> 'trial and error mode' again... work on more than one projects
> - guess people can follow me... :-/
>
> just some quick remark in form of keywords or links 'd be
> great...

The two options that work for me, in order of best fidelity outcome are:

  - Buy (or borrow from your library?) the CD for the vinyl, then
    rip the CD.  It works great!

  - Use audacity and remove clicks by hand.  Pay *VERY* careful
    attention to the outcome of using any noise removal plug-ins,
    and use as little as possible in as few places as possible.
    It's quite easy to loose fidelity.

Good luck!

--
Kevin