[Ardour-Users] ardour manual - french translation on linuxmao.org

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Feb 7 18:43:45 PST 2014

On 02/08/2014 01:50 AM, humbert.olivier.1 at free.fr wrote:
>> (THE biggest documentation site about M.A.O. with linux in the
>> world)
>
> Come on mate, don't you know that within the english-speaking part of
> the world.

Actually, i'd be hard put to find a larger site concerned with
documentation on computer [assisted] music (MAO) with GNU/Linux.

There's definitely plenty of docs around but not on a single site as
linuxmao.org (not counting google's cache and archive.org's wayback
machine, etc). flossmanuals.net may come close but it's not linux+audio
specific.

Anyway, let's just say the world is a Hexagon and we're all good :)
(sorry, I could not resist)

> Anyway, c'est la vie...!

Well, I think in the context of encouraging and motivating potential
translators a bit of exaggeration is surely warranted.

Please go on and translate the Ardour manual and linuxmao will certainly
be a step closer to become the largest collection of Linux Audio Doc, or
linuxmao will assure its world-domination if it indeed is the biggest
already.

Cheers!
robin