[Ardour-Users] Share ardour session for easy tutorial?

Damien Delpiroux xzurukneg at free.fr
Sat Aug 23 01:40:09 PDT 2014

Hi everybody.

I would like to have your opinion about this question:
What's the best way to share ardour files to make tutorial?

For now, I'm thinking:
-Make "all in one" tutorial: so share the entire session folder as a
".tar" file.
But it's really big, and personally I would like to document about
multi-track operations, so with about 16 tracks.
Even in 44,1khz and 16bits, that's often very too big for "community
site" (for example, like http://www.linuxmao.org/Accueil).

-share audio files compressed:
So  "convert Wave files to FLAC->share" and then the user can, after
download,  "Import-> convert to wave" in ardour.
But there is no parameters, no "easy way to see how to do" and beginners
would not like that.
For "users" ok, but for beginners tutorial, it's really not good.

So at this point I have no good solution, I would like to share ardour
session files with compressed audio file to reduce the weigh of the file.
Or maybe make an archive and cut it into multiple little files?
I don't know if it's really appropriate, and beforebattling to find a
good solution, I ask to you if you have advice about this reflexion?

The important thing is: that must be simple, easy and accessible to
newbies in informatics, because it's for beginners tutorial (and young
person for example).

Best,

--
Damien.DX