[Ardour-Users] LVM for audio disk?

Neil djdualcore at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 10:01:51 PDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM, S C Rigler <riglersc at gmail.com> wrote:

> probably no more than 4 audio channels and an additional MIDI channel at a
> time being recorded, along with simultaneous playback.

My understanding is that disk performance just isn't the issue it used to
be for recording or playback.  Unless you grow into a higher track count
any newer SATA disk in a conventional configuration is unlikely to cause
problems.

Segregating the audio data to its own disk (away from the OS and
applications) is probably still the best practice but I suspect that, too,
is less necessary than it used to be.  As Steve said, if you run into
trouble LVM probably will not be the cause.

Neil
--
DJ Dual Core's Blog
http://oldmixtapes.blogspot.com/