[Ardour-Users] Advice

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Thu Apr 10 16:23:33 PDT 2014

On 04/10/2014 11:13 PM, Octavio Rossell wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I think this is an off-topic mail. I have no other idea where to ask
> this. If you know a better place to ask for it I will appreciate the hint.
>
> I have the responsability to build a only-free-software recording
> studio. The choices in Software are very clear for me: Ardour as DAW
> and Audacity for waveform editting. Instruments and effects will be
> mostly a LV2 thing.
>
> My doubt is in Hardware devices. Some days ago a good pair of users in
> IRC give me some advices and I want to ask it here to have more
> information.

you may want to take a serious look at the behringer X32 console. the
thing performs remarkably well for the price, and i'm told it's even a
respectable DAW mixer controller, although so far i've only used it
live. but i was quite happy with the sound quality and ease of use. no
reason to throw out all your five-to-six-figures mixing desks, but they
sure changed the game in the under 10k euros class.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net