[Ardour-Users] simple MIDI binding for iCON QConPro

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Tue Sep 10 03:05:51 PDT 2013

On 09/09/2013 06:36 PM, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> On 09/09/2013 06:07 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>> It doesn't make much sense to use this as a generic mIDI device when we
>> have vastly better integration as a Mackie Control device (my 2 cents)
>
> i totally agree. but as i said, i couldn't get it to do anything in
> mackie control mode, and i wanted to get my feet wet and arrive at basic
> functionality in time for a mixing session, as well as learn about the
> details of implementing touch and jog wheel support.
>
> plus you can use this binding as a map of all the qcon's controller
> values - should save some work down the road.
>
> as soon as i've gained some understanding of how to enable mackie
> control support, i'll try and create a custom mcp configuration, but i
> might have to whine a bit on IRC first :)

the qcon pro now finally runs as a mackie control device for me. turns
out that i needed to start with a fresh ~/.config/ardour3 - some old
setting apparently prevented the mackie_control MIDI ports from appearing.
now for some fine-tuning....

yoann, have you made progress yet with your qconpro? if you want, we can
compare notes off-list...

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net