[Ardour-Users] "use session as template"

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Sep 21 09:10:49 PDT 2013

in 2009, I added some code to ardour (3.x under development) that
hypothetically (at least) allowed you to use an existing session as a
template for a new one.

I remember having this idea and discussing it with other developers and
users and thinking that it was easy and trivial and would be an excellent
new feature.

But now in the final quarter or so of 2013, I cannot see how this feature
(as currently implemented) could possibly work.

Has anyone used it? Does anyone recall any discussion of the idea? Has it
ever worked?

thanks,
--p