[Ardour-Users] Can Ardour be run remotely via ssh on a headless system? Was: Start ardour on command line in raspbian (rpi)

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 03:25:41 PDT 2013

Hello again,

"The first one is to run ssh -X to raspberry and run the GUI on your
laptop. When you close the GUI, ardour will exit."

Yes, this is the one I'd like.

But...
When typing 'ardour' or 'ardour3' on the command line shell connected to
the rpi via ssh on my lappy, ... nothing happens?

Hmmm.

Cheers again for the info and apologies that I missed the post in the
archives

BTW - I'm running ssh -Y (should it make a difference?) An old post I founs
said -Y was better for some reason
http://osdir.com/ml/audio.ardour.devel/2005-09/msg00097.html

Julian