[Ardour-Users] midi playback channels

David Santamauro david.santamauro at gmail.com
Wed May 22 10:01:38 PDT 2013

On 05/22/2013 12:18 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> If you set multiple channels for output, but choose "fixed channel",
> then only the first one will be used. Actually, the GUI prevents you

No, I have only 1 fixed channel selected per track, 1-5 respectively. I
was just chatting with rgareus on irc and he clarified the behavior
slightly and I tested his explanation as well.

midi in -> midi out (the playback channel setting is ignored), bug or
design decision, I don't know.

.. but a region playing back uses the channel playback setting correctly.

 From a "playback channel" perspective, I don't quite understand why
direct midi input differs from midi data in region.

Seeing that I am routing midi out to a multi-instrument sampler whose
instruments have range restrictions (violin vs contrabass) real-time
input becomes quite a nuisance.

I'll try some intermediary filter like qmidiroute.

David

//