[Ardour-Users] CRASH with SAVE Ardour-3.1.10-dbg

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed May 15 10:01:52 PDT 2013

On 05/15/2013 06:00 PM, Delpishtroumph wrote:
> One more times, specially with this snapshot, I had a crash after trying
> to save. without recovering of data. :O
> Ouch... that seem to be really frequent with this snapshot, I don't
> count but it's about ten times..
> In fact, all my crashes during saving appears with this snapshot!
>
> I guess you can't have pertinent information with only that, so what can
> I do?
>
> I have to redo all what I've did, is it a good idea to always run in
> gdb? I only have to do editing, not recording, is it a good idea?
>
> Other advices? (voodoo and shamanic spell are strongly welcome)
>
> I have to run away, see you tomorrow!

Please create a ticket in the ardour bugtracker and attach your session
file if possible (just the .ardour file, not all the audio data) - it
should be possible to reproduce the crash that way, and to possibly
salvage the session with some surgical manual edits.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net