[Ardour-Users] Can't switch off solo. Ardour-3.1.10-dbg

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed May 15 07:58:28 PDT 2013

On 05/15/2013 04:42 PM, Delpishtroumph wrote:
> Check the screen-shot.
>
> http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/capturedcran-15052013-163204.php
>
> I can't switch off the solo on the track "acc B3".
>
> I had some problems editing this track, one time Ardour3 crash after
> clicking on 'save" :/ .
> After restart, no recovering off data, and I loose regions .. :c.
>
> Fortunately, they was two track for this instrument, and one of this was
> intact.
>
> All that with the packaged version in Kx-studio (sorry about that).
>
> After, I use the "official" version (Ardour-3.1.10-dbg).
> And, so, I've deleted the old "crashed" track and the sum bus for the
> two, and after did that, I've got this solo problem.

this is a known problem. if you solo something which implicitly soloes
other tracks or buses (which seems to be the case here - i assume both
tracks for the instrument were grouped), then delete the explicitly
soloed track or bus, the others get stuck. your best bet is to edit a
copy of the session file by hand, look for "soloed-by" iirc.

fwiw, make a habit of saving snapshots regularly, so if such crashes
happen again, you have a recent version to go back to. i've never seen
the problem you describe, but after a few unpleasant incidents a while
ago i've been quite good at making those snapshots :)

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net