[Ardour-Users] Ardour-3.1.10-dbg: issues with french langage

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed May 15 04:10:19 PDT 2013

Bonjour Xzu,

Thanks a lot for this good feedback.

As for (1) and (2): It makes me wonder if the ~750 other frenchmen just
run the english version or live with these issues :)
[https://community.ardour.org/ping_stats].

Anyway, It seems that some of the 'long descriptions' are responsible
for the mixer-strip width problem. In particular "Aux Sends" (which is
untranslated and fuzzy matched to "Send MTC Timecode" for whatever reason)

I hope the existing translation team is going to chime in. -- I suppose
I could apply some of the changes that you have listed, but I'd feel
more comfortable if some native speaker did that instead.

  https://github.com/Ardour/ardour/blob/master/TRANSLATORS
  https://raw.github.com/Ardour/ardour/master/gtk2_ardour/po/fr.po

As for the crashes, please see http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour

ciao,