[Ardour-Users] A3 and kx-studio.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue May 14 21:45:44 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 01:27 +0200, Delpishtroumph wrote:
> Hi all.
> I've got a question about the version of ardour3.
> I'm running KX-studio, and I'm a Ardour subscriber.
>
> I've tried per-release  version sfrom a testing depot of kx-studio.
> I've got the adrour3 package in synaptic.
>
> So what's the deal, kx-studio version is a demo? but I can save plug-ins
> parameters.
>
> How can I check what is what?

Assumed kx-studio should provide a demo version, why don't you simply
use a distro, that does provide the real version? Resp. I suspect
kx-studio does provide a full version.

A while ago Paul explained that "you can pay as little as US$1 for a
fully functional version of the program" is a kind of marketing
strategy ;), you still get Ardour for free as in beer. It would be fair,
if you donate a little bit, but there's no way to handle donations by
the package management.

I stay with Ardour 2, but I suspect Arch Linux does provide the full
version of Ardour 3.

[root at archlinux rocketmouse]# pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: ardour: ignoring package upgrade (2.8.16-1 => 3.1-1)

Regards,
Ralf