[Ardour-Users] From Ardour 2 to 3 and from mac to Linux *MEGA-ouch*

Wendy Van Wynsberghe wendy at constantvzw.com
Tue May 7 00:30:44 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to open my files made in Ardour 2, now in Ardour 3
(I had to move all my sound files)

I get the following warnings:

-> [WARNING]: Legacy session: automation list has no automation-id property.

-> [WARNING]: AutomationList node without automation-id property, using
default: gain

-> pop-up window : Port registration Window
unable to create port: failed constructor
please press close.. (and then you start all over again)

-> [ERROR]: JACK: Disconnect: can't disconnect named semaphore name =
jack_sem.1000_default_ardourprobe err = Invalid argument*

*
And my session does not want to open
(stress..)*

*
- I am running Linux Mint Maya (Lts)
- the sessions were made on Mac OS X*

*
---> I have never used Mantis before --> is this the kind of stuff I would
report there? It seems daunting to a non developer*
*
----> for bug reports, is it best to start Ardour from the command line?
gdb is a bit too far off :-/*
*