[Ardour-Users] clicks/peaks removal

Bill Sack bsack23 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 08:44:18 PDT 2013

if there are just a few pops or clips, i'd recommend exporting the
distorted section of that track, opening it in a wave editor like
audacity, zooming in and re-drawing the wave to smooth out the
clipping - CCRMA's snd has some algorithms for doing this too. then
import the fixed file and replace the offending bit. i've done this a
few times, mostly in drum tracks where a few errant hits have produced
audible crunches as a result of overloading the analog channel or the
ADC. i don't think any of the available LADSPA or LV2 plugins will
help ...

using popfilters & so on is a good idea of course, but the original
post was a question about post-recording fixes, right?