[Ardour-Users] Announcing Ardour 3 Beta 5 ported to FreeBSD

Marcel Bonnet marcelbonnet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 18:28:11 PST 2013

On 31 December 2012 09:49, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
> On 12/30/2012 03:22 AM, Marcel Bonnet wrote:
> [..]
>> I'm sorry, what exactly you mean about "easily available"? You mean
>> the the whole patched files instead of the unified diffs? If this is
>> the case, tell me 'cos I can do it.
>
> Bonjour Marcel,
>
> unified diffs are great - as long as they are not escaped and wrapped in
> a self-extracing, self-applying shell archive.
>
> easy access: 001_patch.diff, 002_patch.diff, etc. (if they're a lot of
> them in a tgz or zip) attached to a ticket at http://tracker.ardour.org/
>
> How do you maintain the patch queue? git? quilt? - If so, a link to the
> repo where I can pull from would simplify things or simply 'git
> send-email' them to me.
>
> Just send 'em all - your latest patch-queue that works on FreeBSD, I'll
> sort it out and rebase them to current HEAD (and tell you which ones
> were not suitable to be merged).
>
> Cheers!
> robin
>

> PS. if you're on IRC hop over to #ardour on freenode - might be easier.
> Though, I'll probably be away and unresponsive from this afternoon until
> Jan 2nd.

Hello Robin and folks.

First, thanks, Robin!
Unfortunately I could not even review some suggestions people have
made about my workarounds. That's why I registered a ticket (
http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=5251 ) with the same patch files
for revision 13630. I did not tried a recent revision, yet. I will
have time for personal projects next month :(

And I don't have a repository. I just made a snapshot of Ardour 3b5,
compressed and started writing diffs to a directory because the
FreeBSD installer takes care of the whole install process (even
applying patches). But if I decide to be a "Ardour HEAD" porter, maybe
I'll create a svn or something on the web.

Thanks again, cheers.

--
Marcel Bonnet