[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3 Export

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sat Feb 2 13:28:23 PST 2013

On 02/02/2013 10:17 PM, John Rigg wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 08:26:54PM +1030, Raoul McAlister wrote:
>> Aha. This seems to be the answer. A different bit-depth does indeed
>> change the whole output.
>
> Any particular reason you're exporting to 32 bit integer?
> I don't think I've ever used that. There is some scope for confusion,
> as the 32 bit item in the export menu is integer, but 32 bit floating
> point just appears as Float.

ah, that is certainly the problem. i guess nobody ever tested that code
path, because it really doesn't make sense. ardour is using float32
internally, which is limited to 24 bits of precision, so there is not
much point in blowing that up to 32 bits fixed-point.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net