[Ardour-Users] Ardour 3 Export

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri Feb 1 16:26:08 PST 2013

On 02/02/2013 01:04 AM, Raoul McAlister wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for the help. Have done two things. Compiled and installed from
> SVN on Ubuntu as per helpful instructions. Noise is still present in
> export. None of the exports have been done with any plugins, so I can
> eliminate that.
>
> I have tested this by allowing A3 to start JACK and also with me
> starting it manually. The same issue is still there.
>
> Yet when I export a session from the Ardour supplied with Ubuntu, there
> is no problem.
>
> Regards
> Raoul

raoul, either you are very unlucky in that you have some system library
which triggers this bug, or you are using a somewhat weird output format
setting that is insufficiently tested, or both.

what export format and method do you use? are you exporting the whole
session, or ranges? are you exporting the master, or single tracks or
busses? are you rendering to wav, ogg, whatever?

i take it that you can listen to your session just fine? if so, then
it's either related to the output transcoding, or caused by jack going
into freewheeling mode.

one more thing you could try is join #ardour on freenode.net and
download the latest precompiled release candidate which is frequently
announced there, see if that makes a difference.

best,

jörn

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net