[Ardour-Users] tempo marker without effect

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Mon Dec 16 07:24:05 PST 2013

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 15:20:16 +0100
Susanne Billig <susannebillig at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Okay, good to know! Would there be any plugin that changes the tempo? I spent quite some time trying to find one - without success. Thanks!

The tempo is used in Ardour to determine where the measure/beat divisions
go.  If you're playing with a click-track, it will speed up or slow down
depending on the BPM chosen.  As Paul mentioned, if you were playing MIDI
tracks, these would adjust, but any pre-recorded tracks would have to be
adjusted in some other way.  Time-stretching regions is one way of doing
this.  Some tracks also could be modified using the Rhythm Ferret
(http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/ch035_adjusting-the-rhythm-of-a-region/)
but that works best with certain types of tracks, like percussion.

Hope this helps explain it a little better.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com