[Ardour-Users] Bugs

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Sat Dec 14 11:38:26 PST 2013

On 12/14/2013 12:51 AM, John Page wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one thing that bugs me is that sometimes ardour stops responding to the
> keypresses that should act on the region below the mouse, for example
> 's', or 'delete'. and I'm left to crawl through the menus to get to the
> same result. That has been happening to me on and off for months. At
> first I could only recover by quitting Ardour and reloading it, then
> sometimes the issue would go away.
>
> I have never managed to pinpoint what might be causing this, a keypress
> that changes some mode? a bug? Nothing changes visually just those keys
> don't work.
>
> Any ideas?

not sure, but i think at some point ardour stopped forwarding key events
to the editor when your mixer window or some other ardour widget had
focus. sometimes it's really subtle, such as when on your second display
the log window pops up because of a problem, it might seem your editor
has stopped responding to shortcuts.

i'm saying not sure because i've been playing with window manager
settings a while back (focus follows mouse vs. click-to-focus and "newly
created window has focus")...

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net